- Transmittance: up to 80%
- Thickness: < 2mm
- Available F-numbers: F/0.5 – F/100+
- Smallest Grating Period: <2um at edge
- Size: Up to 300 x 300mm sq
- Round or arbitrary cut samples are custom
- Patterning: Any lens/array shape possible
- Larger custom lens sizes are available with additional NRE
Because of their unique phase manipulation mechanism and radically different fabrication, Color Corrected GPLs offer:
- Any prescription can be incorporated
- Spherical, Aspherical and cylindrical
- Can be used for aberration correction
- Low F-numbers available
- Thickness is largely independent of lens F/# and size
- Polarization dependent, with a positive or negative focal length controlled by the input polarization
- Can work with any input polarization
- Chromatic dispersion is compensated for three primary wavelengths
FAQs about our CC-GPLs
Q. Since GPLs naturally have negative color dispersion, is there a way to correct for that?
A. Yes. With multiple GPLs and polarization management, we do make a color corrected GPL (CC-GPL). Please see our technology page on this for additional information.
Q. Can you simplify my complicated lens system?
A. Yes. By using a combination of GPLs and CC-GPLs and potentially some standard lenses, you can correct aberrations, get rid of expensive optical materials and make the lens system shorter in length.
White Papers about our GPLs
- Fabrication of ideal geometric-phase holograms with arbitrary wavefronts
- Femtosecond pulse shaping using the geometric phase
- Distortion-free broadband holograms: A novel class of elements utilizing the wavelength-independent geometric phase